Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Rancho Burro Donkey Sanctuary.
Our volunteers are an important part of giving our donkeys extra hands-on and loving attention, exercise, grooming, and training.
We always need extra hands for cleaning stalls and field areas, especially on the weekends
• AT THIS TIME WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING VOLUNTEERS WHO HAVE EXTENSIVE PREVIOUS HANDS-ON KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH EQUINES. (DONKEY OR HORSES.)
This is important primarily in terms of safety around large animals.
Also, training volunteers takes a certain amount of time, which is the reason for the basic requirements listed below.
• MUST have hands-on knowledge of working with donkeys or horses
(Haltering, walking, exercise, grooming, brushing, cleaning hooves.)
• Must be able to commit to at least 2 shifts every week for 3 months
(Typical volunteer shift is 3-4 hours)
• Must love working outside, rain or shine
• Must be able to lift and rake
• Must be at least 18 years old
Please complete our volunteer form below if you can fulfill ALL these requirements.
Rancho Burro Donkey Sanctuary
805-710-8445 • Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 • USA
• Open by appointment •
Rancho Burro is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization # 81-4256555 All donations are 100% TAX deductible.
Copyright © 2022 - All Rights Reserved